Our bodies are our holy temple, but once you start abusing drugs, you are making your own temple a toxic place. It is no secret that drugs can impact a person’s body negativity. When you have been addicted to drugs for a long period of time, you are likely to develop serious health conditions, such as certain kinds of cancer, and lung and liver problems. This is the very reason why it is important to detox your body at the start of your recovery.
DETOXIFYING YOUR BODY THE NATURAL WAY
When we say natural detox process, it means you are required to take high-quality vitamins and minerals while withdrawing yourself from any drug use.
• Vitamin C – did you know that drug abuse can drain down vitamin C from your body? That is why it is crucial to consume extra vitamin C, not only to support your body’s immune system, but also flush out free radicals and to reduce stress.
• Vitamin E – because of its antioxidant property, it helps control cell damage done by drug abuse and promotes the growth of new, healthy cells.
• B Vitamins – Vitamins B1, B3, and B5 help boost energy, while vitamins B6 and B12 help produce healthy blood cells.
• Omega-3 fatty acids – fish oil supplement is a great source of omega-3 fatty acid. This amazing nutrient found in fish helps promote heart health and reduces depression in addicts. Make sure to take supplements with both EPA and DHA.
• Magnesium – taking magnesium helps calm the nervous system, hence relieving anxiety. It is also known to relieve cramps, muscle tension, and twitches.
• Protein – foods rich in protein are packed with amino acids, which are essential in rebuilding damaged cells. It also produces neurotransmitters in the brain, which help control drug cravings.
Although this natural detox process can be done at home, it would be wiser to have someone professional to guide you through your drug recovery journey. Doing it all by yourself may sound easy and enticing, because you do not have to pay for a treatment program, this option may have a higher failure rate.